We love how a reunion dinner can bring all our loved ones together â€“ whether the get-together is intimate and cosy or large and boisterous, sharing a sumptuous meal with family and friends always brings out an abundance of joy and warmth. So, if you’re planning to skip kitchen duties this year or if you simply want to give your loved ones a splendid treat, enjoy a prosperous New Year with these Yu Sheng and reunion dinner platters from our malls!
1. Crystal Jade KitchenLove to indulge in a luxurious meal in the comfort of your own home but want to spare yourself the hassle of cooking up a storm? Crystal Jade Kitchen is your go-to place as you can purchase any of the delicious takeaway delicacies while enjoying up to a 10% discount â€“ sounds like a great option for those office parties too! Indulge in a myriad of flavours with their Bountiful Abalone Treasure Pot from $248 (small) and munch on delectable sweet and savoury traditional cakes and cookies from just $12.80.
2. Dian Xiao ErHow often do you come across a drool-worthy Chinese dish minus the decadence? Dian Xiao Er finds the perfect recipe to balance nutrition with uncompromising flavours in their star dish this year, the Double-Boiled Nourishing Collagen Brazilian Mushroom Soup. A hearty brimming with Brazilian mushrooms soaked in tasty and nutritious collagen broth, we guarantee you'll slurp this one up till the very last drop. Their other Chinese New Year specials, the Golden Spiced Crayfish, Golden Crisp Pork Belly and Chef's Special Crispy Prawn Balls are also stellar in their own right. With Dian Xiao Er's unique spin on these well-loved dishes, you'll find your favourite flavours laced with a surprising piquancy, making this an absolute treat for the whole family.
Set menu: Starts from $138++ for 3 pax, available from 25 Jan to 4 Mar 2018
CNY Takeaway Package: Starts from $54.80* (Early Bird Specials by 31 Jan 2018)
Availability: 25 Jan to 4 Mar 2018
Dian Xiao Er is located at Waterway Point.
3. West Co'z CafÃ©Discover quality Chinese cuisine at wallet-friendly prices at the cosy West C’oz CafÃ©. Set meals start from $218 for 4 persons and include Chinese New Year delicacies such as Abalone Yu Sheng, Crab Meat Fish Maw Soup and even a refreshing dessert. Prepared with a charming home-cooked freshness, their Halal-certified dishes make up a satisfying meal for you and your loved ones.
4. PUTIENWelcome the Year of the Dog with PUTIEN’s symbolic â€œPot of Goodiesâ€. Representing togetherness and prosperity, this dish is meticulously prepared to gastronomical perfection. Top-grade ingredients such as sea cucumber, PUTIEN dried clams and more are individually cooked, then carefully layered in the pot and simmered for eight hours before serving. Be sure to also enjoy the New Year’s blessings in their bountiful Yu Sheng platter infused with their signature seaweed from the city of Putian, lending a superb twist to the traditional dish.
5. Kuriya Japanese MarketNo more jostling for those precious sashimi slices in your Yu Sheng platters! Kuriya’s Yu Sheng is so full of generous sashimi cuts that you’ll never run out of yu* this year! Mix and toss the freshest raw fish such as salmon, yellowtail and tuna sashimi imported from Norway with a unique Japanese Yuzu dressing. Bring home these take-away Yu Sheng sets and snag complimentary red packets with all your Yu Sheng purchases!
*The Chinese word â€˜yu’ means â€˜fish’ which sounds like the Chinese word â€˜abundance’.
6. Din Tai FungYou can definitely trust this popular Chinese restaurant chain to deliver an exceptional take on the traditional Yu Sheng dish. In their Prosperity Smoked Salmon Yu Sheng, smoked salmon is mixed in with roasted chestnuts, crispy yam, fresh pomelo pulp and white radish to make up a delicious platter overflowing with prosperity and good fortune. To top it off, their signature sweet and tangy plum sauce dressing is the drizzle of gold that completes the dish! Din Tai Fung also makes sure that no one is left out from this tasty tradition â€“ check out their Vegetarian Prosperity Yu Sheng, a bountiful platter of the tastiest and freshest ingredients. Get more information on Din Tai Fung’s promotions here.
Yu Sheng: Starts at $32.80* for 2 â€“ 3 pax
Vegetarian Prosperity Yu Sheng: Starts at $26.80* for 2 â€“ 3 pax
Availability: 22 Jan to 4 Mar 2018
Din Tai Fung is located at The Centrepoint, Northpoint City and Waterway Point.
7. Ichiban BoshiKick off an auspicious new year with the refreshing Yuzu Yu Sheng from Ichiban Boshi. Large chunks of fresh sashimi are perfectly complemented by the tangy Yuzu dressing and together with shredded vegetables and other ingredients, this platter is delightfully appetizing and light on the palate â€“ just the right dish to enjoy before all the CNY feasting begins!
Yu Sheng sets:
- Auspicious Set (A), $56.80 for 7 â€“ 10 pax (available for dine-in and takeaway)
- Bountiful Set (B), $46.80 for 4 â€“ 6 pax (available for dine-in and takeaway)
- Celebration Set (C), $29.80 for 2 â€“ 3 pax (only available for dine-in)
Availability: 1 Feb to 2 Mar 2018
Ichiban Boshi is located at Causeway Point and Waterway Point.
8. Beauty in The PotExperience the beauty of the season with Beauty in The Pot â€“ from their signature hot-pot dine-in menu with a festive boost, to scrumptious takeaway options, we guarantee you’ll be spoilt for choice!
If you’re dining in, enjoy the hearty Beauty Collagen and Spicy Nourishing soup broths with premium ingredients such as fresh prawns, abalone, US Wagyu Beef and many more. Each dine-in set also comes with the Paradise Abalone Yu Sheng.
Set menu (dine-in): Starts at $188 for 2 pax
Availability: 3 Feb to 4 Mar 2018
Prefer to dine at home? Beauty in The Pot has got equally fantastic takeaway options. Check out the Paradise Treasure Pot, chock-full with 17 delightful ingredients including superior whole abalones, sea cucumber, premium fish maw, Japanese dried scallops and more to satisfy everyone’s festive appetite.
Paradise Treasure Pot (take-away): Starts at $268, serves up to 5 pax
Availability: 3 Feb to 4 Mar 2018
What’s more, usher in the New Year with their Paradise Abalone Yu Sheng, a generous platter of quality ingredients at a great price!
Paradise Abalone Yu Sheng (take-away): Starts at $48.80, serves up to 10 pax
Availability: 26 Jan to 2 Mar 2018
Or get the exclusive take-away Abundance Set, which includes the Paradise Treasure Pot, Paradise Abalone Yu Sheng and more yummy delights!
Abundance Set: $318 (worth $390) for Pradise Group Members; $338 (worth $390) for the public.
Availability: Pre-order today. The Abundance Set will be ready for collection from 3 Feb to 2 Mar 2018.
Beauty in The Pot is located at The Centrepoint.
Feeling more excited for Chinese New Year with these myriad of delicious platters? Be sure to plan ahead and make early reservations! We wish you and your loved ones a fantastic Chinese New Year and a prosperous year ahead!